Sunday, August 14, 2016

MAN OF THE YEAR PHILIPPINES 2016 Karan Singhdole is 100% “pusong Pinoy”

MAN OF THE YEAR PHILIPPINES 2016
Karan Singhdole is 100% “pusong Pinoy”
By JAY PATAO

Sendoff photos by Lito Caleon
MAN of the Year Philippines 2016 Karan Singhdole was given a warm sendoff party at Lancaster Hotel last August 10 before he flew to Pekanbaru, Sumatra, Indonesia to represent the Philippines at the inaugural Man of the Year Pageant on August 20.



“Truth of the matter, I am very happy, confident and optimistic about my forthcoming competition,” Singhdole, 23, said when he faced members of media, friends and supporters during the event. “Malulungkot ako sa pag-alis ko, but I know that everyone will be behind me, supporting me.”
“We will definitely be behind Karan every step of the way…the same support we gave Neil Perez when he competed (and won) as Mister International in Korea almost two years ago,” agreed Prime Events Productions Philippines (PEPPS) president Carlo Morris Galang who hand-picked Singhdole for the newest international tilt for men.



Karan will bring with him a wardrobe provided by homegrown talents. His formal wear was designed by internationally acclaimed fashion designer Francis Libiran. His national costume, inspired by the Manobo, Maranao and T’boli tribes of Mindanao, was masterfully crafted by Edwin Uy, who has also won accolades for his native costumes in various international pageants. Karan’s swimwear was created by Olan Roque.



Also present to support Karan during the event were Mister International 2014 Neil Perez and Manhunt International Philippines 2016 Don McGyver Cochico who will compete for his own international pageant in November.


Born in Sta. Rosa City, Laguna on July 31, 1993, Karan is the second in the brood of four of Indian parents Nashatar Singhdole and Balbir Kaur Dole. At 6-foot-2, Karan’s frame and well-chiseled face did not escape talent scouts who fielded him in pageants and modeling searches.
The first Man of the Year Pageant, which aims to look for the man who fits the 5 Ms – Masterly,Mindful, Manly, Masculine, Modern – will be staged at the Grand Central Hotel in Pekanbaru, the third largest city in Sumatra (after Medan and Palembang).
“I am dedicating my pageant in Indonesia to my father who is stricken with cancer. I hope I can make him and my family proud as well as all Filipinos who are behind me,” Karan revealed. “I may be a full-blooded Indian but I am 100 percent pusong Pinoy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment